Sunday, October 19, 2014

Working on my car from home

I wasn't feeling great today but I wanted to do at least ~something~ useful so I cleaned up the instrument cluster cover and replaced the little green plastics for the indicator lights. The only decent green plastic for this I could find came in the form of a plastic folder...

The old ones were kept in place with tape, it looked shit. Not that anyone would ever see it but, I know it, which is enough ;-P

The new ones are glued on there. Much nicer. One job done.

Then I thought I'd start on replacing the printed circuit and some lights. Everything went fine until I ran in to one screw that is stuck. The tools I need to continue are at the garage... Bummer.

And then... to top it all off, the installer for OS X Yosemite told me it's not gonna install unless I put in a new harddrive. Just great.

No comments: