Thursday, June 4, 2015

The strawberry eater

In the early days they used to just hammer concrete poles into the ground. These days they pour concrete in a deep hole that shapes as a pole when it solidifies. What I didn't understand was:
To create the hole, the tip of the cylinder that's hammered into the ground must be closed off. But to be able to pour in the concrete and then remove the cylinder there can't be a closed off tip!
Today I figured out how this all works and it's really simple. The cylinder sits on a loose tip and the tip stays in the ground. DUH! There's another one of Vincent's mysteries solved ;-)

Boinky boinky, all day long. Oh suddenly I have to think of rabbits. Nevermind that...

Back at Simone's ranch I was at the back. Simone has this strawberry plant sitting there and somebody else was very interested in it!

"Mmmh, I like that one!"

Chomp!

No comments: