Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Happy birthday dad! / The Roman bridge of Vaison la Romaine

Today is my dad's birthday. He's turning 75. I ordered him nice flowers. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :-)

(click to enlarge, image is not to be used without my permission)
In the evening I walked towards the old Roman bridhe in Vaison la Romaine. Beautiful spot.

This bridge was build in the first century A.D. So that makes it almost as old as Jesus. Which makes it sound nearly ancient. History feels incredibly close and far away at the same time like that I think.

(click to enlarge, image is not to be used without my permission)
One more shot of the Roman bridge. This might be my best shot, too :-)

Cats.

Butterfly.

The medieval part of Vaison la Romaine. I'll go there someday soon!

In the evening I baked us pancakes.

Behind the windowpannels, some species of wasps is building a small nest. There are not many wasps there and for some reason they seem totally uninterested in our breakfast food. They don't even come close. All they do is fly off in to the sky and return almost straight to their home.
So I have decided not to make a fuss about it and let them be.

No comments: