Friday, July 17, 2015

The Roman bridge of Vaison la Romaine

I had one thing left this vacation. One thing I'd wanted to do from the start: Have a little photoshoot of the Roman bridge, trying to get Mont Ventoux in the background. Tonight's the last night here so it's now or never...

I walked up getting my bearings first.

Hello people.

I found a way down through the bushes that got me on to the river bed. Cool. It felt kinda funny because in 1992 it looked like this:

Yeah, quite different...

This is the first house next to the bridge.

I walked closer.

Both sides had these holes in them. I have no clue what they are/were for...

So there it is, the money shot ;-) The Roman bridge of Vaison la Romaine with Mont Ventoux visible in the background.


OK, once more ;-)

Walking back I heard lots of frogs. I looked and I found. Couldn't stay too long though coz the smell was real bad...

And finally I walked back to the camping, leaving beautiful Vaison la Romaine behind me. What a joy this little town has given me... A pearl of France this is. Farewell now.

Back at the camping we were going to try the wifi and cold drinks one last time. Then it's back to the cabin and hopefully have a great sleep so we can drive home safely tomorrow.

No comments: