Saturday, August 1, 2015

Gay pride

My mom and dad visited for coffee and a quick lunch. It was very nice to have them over :-)

When they left, Simone and I drove to Amsterdam for the afternoon to check out the gay pride boat parade.

Simone has never seen the parade because she always has to work so it was kinda now or never.
The weather was great and it was incredibly busy...

Well, here you go :-)

There were too many floats to show so here are a few of the nicest:














This one was my favourite. It had gay couples on top, kissing eachother. There are still people who can't handle this image and there are countries where this is actually illegal or worse, it can get you killed.

The "dick" boat.

My second favourite float was the "gaymobil" one, named after the toy "playmobil". I like :-)

Google had a float as well. I noticed more interest from big companies.

Spot the (Dutch) celebrity.

My third favourite float: the leather boys!

After a very busy afternoon our feet were killing us and we drove back to the camping. The peace and quiet was soooo nice there.

No comments: