Saturday, August 22, 2015

Sail 2015

Tonight Simone and I went to Sail 2015, an event where insane amounts of ships come to Amsterdam with amongst them some of the largest and/or most famous in the world. Sail is held every 5 years. We drove down and walked the last bit.

Soon we were surrounded by boats...

Everywhere...

And there were tons and tons of people. Very crowded.

Biggie.

Pirate ship. Well, that's what I call it. I know nothing about ships.

Sails.


There were lots of little boats floating in between.

The Esmeralda was there as well. It's a very controversial ship because it was used by Marcos to torture prisoners. It's a beautiful ship though but, should it be put on stage like this or not?


Masts.


Quite a few people with apartments nearby were giving parties.

And then it got dark.


There was a concert of famous Dutch singer Jeroen van der Boom.


When the concert was over it was promptly followed by fireworks.

And that was that. We strawled back to our car and Simone dropped me off at my house because tomorrow I'm going to drive to an oldtimer festival with my car :-)

No comments: