Wednesday, August 19, 2015

The Chevy / Sail 2015

This car's been parked in my hood for a few weeks now. It's a Chevy, possibly an Impala but I'm not sure. The plate is from Turkey. That was a long drive!

It's in reasonably good shape though.



Nice!

From the ferry I saw this yellow submarine docked close to my work.

Today Sail 2015 started which means a lot of tall ships were sailing past my work. I went up the roof with some colleagues to make photos. I was a bit early so I took some photos of the surroundings.


The "Kraanspoor" building. You need to click the photo to enlarge so you can actually see it ;-)

Colleagues walking down below.

The first tall ship to sail past was the "Stad Amsterdam".

One of my bosses was flying a professional drone with a camera which was very cool! The police doesn't think it's cool though so he pulled it in when the chopper came very close ;-)

A navy ship was second.

A guy from the shipyard next door made the painting booth his personal skybox :-)

Pigs in space ;-)

More ships followed, click the photos for larger versions:





This is a secret in our building. A little bar in the top of the little tower. It's got a beer-tap, sink and a fridge. It's friggin' dirty upthere but it's professionally made with very nice wood.

Ceiling light.

And then more ships came:



It was fun seeing all those ships sail past but I couldn't stay till the last one...

In the evening I cycled to the other side of Amsterdam Noord with Simone and Milan to see where he had to go the next morning.

No comments: