Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Windows 10 on my Eee PC 1000H

Weather was shit. Let's not waste anymore words on it...

At home I have this old Eee pc that I bought in 2008. It was still running Windows XP and even something simple as browsing the interwebs was becoming a really big pain in the ass.

I read somewhere that Windows 10 is able to run on older devices so I wanted to give that a shot. I grabbed my Windows 7 license key and downloaded Windows 10. I also downloaded a tool called Rufus with which you can make a bootable USB flash drive.

After creating the startup drive I started installing, which was a really smooth process.

The Eee pc (1000H) not being very fast with only 1GB of RAM took a while to finish the installation but it went well.

And voila, just before bedtime I had a clean installation of Windows 10 on my little laptop! And yes, it is somewhat faster than Windows XP and I can browse the interwebs again without getting frustrated! :-)

No comments: