Saturday, October 28, 2017

The end.

Saturday, October 28th 2017.

Well, here I am editing my last blog post. It's been exactly 10 years since I started. The main reason being that I emigrated from Amsterdam (The Netherlands) to Adelaide (Australia) and I wanted to keep my family and friends up-to-date about how I was doing on the other side of the world.

Writing this post forces me to think of the past 10 years of my life and it's actually pretty confronting because so much happened; emigration, relationships, different employers, being depressed and in need of a shrink (twice), buying and selling my appartment, buying my Mustang and recently a garage.

When I started my blog I was 34 and weighed over 135 kilos. Now I'm 44 and I weigh almost 85 kilos.

Look at me then and now:


It's been 10 crazy years when I think about all the things that happened but also 10 I wouldn't want to have missed. All the new experiences I got, the people I met, the jobs I got and finding out that indeed, the grass is ALWAYS greener on the other side.

So why am I quitting? Quite simply, it's started to feel like an obligation. More and more I have the feeling I want to spent my time differently doing other things. Less digital and online. This feeling ain't new, it started a year ago already but I really wanted to get to 10 years.

So, since this is a photo-blog I won't write too much.

I'd like to say thank you to everyone who contributed to my blog in one way or another and also thanks to all the people who followed me for all or some of those 10 years.

I'll leave you with one more blog from today. As of tomorrow, if you wanna know what's going on with me, you'll simply have to call or text me and schedule a night out with me :-)

Byebye, thanks, auf wiedersehen, mazzel, au revoir and ciao!

With love,
Vincent.


It's garage-weekend again and I started with some painting. Now the lower back walls are done. It will be lighter there when the floor is in. I think I'll do the rest of the walls later.

I hung up the tool board in its definite spot. My future workbench will be in that corner under the stairs.

I also wanted to practice welding today but I didn't get around to it, that's for tomorrow, but there won't be anything about it on this blog because, the blog ends here :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've read your blog from early on yet I'm not sure how I found it. Amazing to see your journey and transformation over the years. Sad to see this blog come to an end but I understand trying to live a life without as much technology/Internet. Good luck to you in your future endeavors!!

Vincent said...

Thank you! I always knew there were followers, I could see that by using Google analytics but I never found out any details as none of them leave messages ;-)