Wednesday, October 25, 2017

The musical trip

Silver was helping me clearing out the dishwasher this morning, he did very well ;-)

So today I was at work only for a few hours because in the afternoon the four of us went to Leiden to walk around (= shop) a bit and to have dinner in Noordwijkerhout and then visit a musical called "The soldier of Orange", made after the movie.

First things first: Leiden.

Above is a small display of the huge variety of "pepernoten" (google that if you want) a certain shop was offering. There were all kinds of flavours, some nice and some not so nice. My conclusion: a pepernoot should taste like a pepernoot and not like apple pie, orange, limoncello or whatever.

Still, pretty cool shop! :-)

I had to run into a toy shop where they only sold models. Model trains, model cars, model airplanes and model boats. Their stock of model trains was rather limited but I did run into some interesting model cars. These ones are for miniature racetracks and I was hoping they'd have a Mustang as well. I only found out online that they have 1, the 1970 model I believe... Very nicely done little cars though!

It was a bit chilly walking around but it was OK.

Milan and I went up the old fort. Nice views.



Then we drove to the little town of Noordwijkerhout. It only has about 10 shops so thankfully shopping didn't last too long there ;-)

We had a nice coffee outside in the sun.

Just after 5PM we walked up to the restaurant. My expectations were not too high but wow did they serve us some great food! We all had different stuff and everything looked and tasted awesome! I had guinea fowl which was terrific.

And therefore I'll link them: http://tomeat.nl/dinerkaart.html.

And then the main event of our little trip: The soldier of Orange - The musical. 3.5 hours seemed like only 1, that's how great it was. The seats were on a rotating platform so it spinned to different parts of  the stage which was all around us. They drove motorcycles on stage and even incorporated a bit of the airstrip outside into the play which was so cool! This is very recommendable!

We all had a great day out and got home after midnight. Nice!

No comments: