Thursday, November 8, 2007

The towers and the toilet

We had our first breakfast in the hotel today. There are 3 area's to get your food, this is the 'warm' food section with a mighty fine choice of Indonesian, Malaysian, Japanese, Indian and English food. There were a few other Dutchies looking for cheese and ham and chocolate sprinkles but they didn't have those, poor bastards.

Nicole colouring in mandala's while I'm doing emails etc.

The view outside is still pretty grand...

I wouldn't want to make anyone jealous but here's another view.

The towers were still there. All good, nobody took them away over night.

Lateron we walked through the park downstairs, next to our hotel and infront of the Suria KLCC's main entrance. I kid you not, those towers don't stop impressing me!

We then proceeded to have some lunch followed by a capuchino that says "screw you" to a LOT of capuchino's we ever had in Amsterdam. It had some mightfine foam on top. It's not hard to make it you know. I figured if they can do it here, why can't those suckers in Amsterdam do it? It's not like we're closer to Italy here or anything... And while we're at it, they still know what "service" means here. Plate is empty? They come to take it away. Glass is empty? They come to offer you more. And the staff is not 100% uninterested student idiots (I wanted to use a different word but Nic talked me out of it...) but the staff is actually 100% friendly, smiling and caring progessionals. I didn't even have to send out a bloody searchparty to find them!

This is an object Nicole knows a lot about I think. I just think it looks nice. Must have to do with the Deepavali festival that started today. I didn't notice it in any other ways btw...

Esp. for The G. A photo of the directionboard on the G-floor of the Suria KLCC shopping mall. Those colourfull columns on it are actually the names of shops. There are a LOT of them. We went into a L'occitane shop that was half the size of the Amsterdam branch where there are 2 staff working there. Here in KL they have 6 staff employed. I wanted to write "working" instead of "employed" but I just can't imagine them actually working like that...

This poster is just funny. I actually saw the Simpson's movie on the airplane and it was hilarious. if you have time, go see it!

The towers by night. Those things are just so beautifull, a picture cannot do it any justice. It's like they are made of the shiniest silver, gorgeous darling, just gorgeous.

And now for some serious ranting. As my former colleagues know I am pretty damn annoyed by unneccesary, thoughtless design or usage of bathroom accessories. I'd like to think about where we should put the toiletroll holder. In every single hotel I have been, even this great one I'm in right now, they put it right next to you but BEHIND you!!! WHY IS THIS????!!!!! Do I have to turn around and wipe with my face above the toiletbowl????

Look at how much space there is to put a toiletroll holder right infront of you, or next to you on the wall infront of you. But no. If ANYONE has an answer to this mystery of stupidity, PLEASE let me know. Thanks.

7 comments:

kees said...

When I moved into my house 20 years ago, I had to install the toilet roll holder myself. I screwed it onto the wall right in front of my eyes so I'd know where to look for it...

Vincent said...

I like your view on this. Kees for El Presidente I say!

Anonymous said...

Well, i haven't thought about it, but it is true; a lot of toilets have it like that. And it sucks. And for the female: sometimes the bin for female garbadge is next to the toiletpot, so you're bud is against it! That's really dirty.

Vincent said...

@ Ilse: Especially in mixed toilets where men also wee while standing I think there shouldn't be anything standing close to the toiletbowl, especially a stack of toiletrolls... That's just gross.

Anonymous said...

It is!

Friðvin said...

Hi Vincent,
I never noticed you have a blog as well! Finally we get to see more pictures of Nicole!

Vincent said...

@ Kona: Hey mate. I do now, well, since about 1,5 week maybe. For the same reason Nic started hers: To keep my family and old friends informed of my life down under.