Saturday, December 22, 2007

The new birdie in town

It was chilly today. We're 3 weeks into our summer and around 10:00 it was only 17C.

But Christmas is here soon and Nic is cooking Christmas lunch so ingredients needed to be bought. Hence we were off to the Central Market once again.

This is the new parking garage opposite the Central Market entrance. Not many people are using it yet so it's always nice and empty.

Before we went in we had a very late breakfast at the Thai.

Inside an Asian choir was singing Christmas songs. It was not bad at all to be honest (I can say this because I have 10 years of choir experience :-P ).

When we came home I got a very special surprise. As I walked out of the flat, a young sparrow (NL: musje) sat in the most well lit spot in the garden so that I could not overlook it. It looked at me and tjirped. It let me come really close and it didn't seem scared at all. Then it flew up and I thought it tried to land on my shoulder. It was a bit hard for him I think and instead he went into the tree next to me, still very close. That when I took this first picture.

As I stayed close I noticed the birdie tried to come closer hopping from one branch onto a closer one. That's how I made this picture. I was of course very excited so I stayed where I was and guess what? The little sparrow friend flew a little bit and eventually landed on my shoulder where it sat for about a minute. It wasn't doing anything, just looking as if it just wanted to say hello. All this took me and Nicole by surprise so much that we unfortunately have no picture from this. After this it flew into a tree again, hung around a bit and then it went to another garden.

Was this coincidence or does it have anything to do with the other birdie? Who knows?...

In the afternoon we went to Harvey Norman to buy our TV. GOPOWER had parked there and later in the evening Karin and I saw this car driving past us again.

This is the tellie we bought. I never ever want a CRT (Cathode Ray Tube) screen anymore I said so we entered the world of LCD. This one was a bit of an investment but it should serve us very long.

Late afternoon Karin and Vicky joined us to Cibo for ice cream and iced tea. A grand opportunity to picture the 3 Leist girls all together :-)

Vicky baked cookies that looked a LOT like oversized "pepernoten" and they actually tasted a bit like them as well.

In the evening Nicole and I drove to the Larg's jetty.

The sunset was once again beautifull.

6 comments:

Friðvin said...

17C. That's what it is here right now. Beautiful sunny day, VERY windy, and 2:25pm.

Sneezer said...

that's nice vance, the rats in nyc come right up to you as well, and you better have something for them to eat...

marian said...

the pepernoten looks good vicky!!
love marian.

Vincent said...

@ Sn33z0r: The bird is not a rat :P

Anonymous said...

Vicky is weer goed aan het bakken geslagen:-)

Gledwood said...

that bird is RIDICULOUSLY colourful honestly...

as I said to Nicole if you wanna see a real herd of incredibly bright parrots go to

http://bimbimbie.blogspot.com

she's in Queensland

the name means "place of the birds"

haha!