Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The animals

In the morning (after more recruiter talk on the phone) we went to the Arndale scum city central shopping mall. I cut my hand on the hand rail of the bloody escalator, I think someone whacked it with a piece of glass. Not too bad but it's a stingy cut. I forgot about it quickly when I went to the tennis section of Big W. My recent increase in tennis skill demands a better racket than the one I bought one week ago. Scroll to the end of this blog post to see the beauty I got now!

When I came home I walked Spacey Masey.

Because I can't always put Masoooon in the spotlights, here's a picture of Caesar, the big German Shepherd we sometimes say hello to. He's a beautiful dog who immigrated here with his owners from Italy.

This is the "Red cocky". Well, that's how we call him. It's actually a Gala or something. I'm not sure but he's very friendly and speaks fluent english (when you're drunk). He used to be Gavin's mums.

And this is the white "Cocky girl". It's a real cocky.

Personally I would never cage any kind of animal except for chickens maybe, but at least in a nice big space. These two wouldn't survive long in the wild though.

Nicole made apple pie tonight. It's very yummy :-)

And this is my new racket that will enable me to kick more ass than ever! They say though that with power comes responsibility so I can't be too hard on karin ;-)

5 comments:

Gledwood said...

~doesn't one of those birds just live in a cage in the garden and never come out even if you DO leave the door open?

are the birds hand-tame? or do they peck you and attack you pretending your thumb's a brazil nut?...

Anonymous said...

Cocky! Geweldig beest! En die wordt ook al wat ouder inmiddels. Zeg maar 'hello' namens mij;-)

Mooi racket dat je hebt gekocht. Nu nog winnen. Maar dat komt eraan, zo lees ik, want je komt al dichterbij een gelijkspel.

marian said...

heerlijk die appeltaart, je vader staat hier te kwijlennnnn,
gr ma en pa.

Anonymous said...

BRING IT ON DUNLOP BOY !!! I don't need an expensive racquet to kick arse :-p Karin

Vincent said...

@ Gled: Yeah, the cocky had the chance to pop out for three days once but didn't. Frankly, I think they both won't go anywhere. The Gala once had a go at Nic's thumb which wasn't pleasant. And I think if the white one bites you, you probably end up in the hospital hehe.

@ Ilse: De Gala is minstens 40 jaar oud! En de cocky is ouder dan 15. Tennis gaat niet om het winnen maar het is wel een leuke indicator dat m'n spel beter wordt.

@ Ma: Hij is erg lekker en gemaakt van appels die ik hier heb geplukt. We weten nog steeds niet wat voor soort appels het zijn....

@ Karin: It was only $29 you know. They treat the rackets SO bad at Big W it almost made me cry! All the tops are damaged because they hang them on a hook that's too small... So because of damage to them they have to price them down a lot. They also have Wilson's hanging there. I can't wait to give this one a go. it's still a starters racket btw.