Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The world

We had things to do today. I was literally dying for fruit and I wanted to return a book I bought coz it was apparently quite out of date which I didn't know (and couldn't know) when I bought it. So we went to the Borders book shop, which is here, opposite the mall's balls.
It was busy coz it was lunch time.

An AC/DC fan parked close by. I don't think it was one of the AC/DC guys themselves. Somehow I think they won't be driving Toyota Scarlets...

Next stop: The warehouse. We need tennis racquets and pronto. We got those now. $15. I wonder howmany hits I can have with mine hehe.

Oh yeah, these are the racquets we bought.

I then applied for 2 jobs, nothing to show about that. Instead I'll show the ingredients of the Nicole cooking action du jour.

Which resulted in this wonderful stir-fry. Rice + tons of vegetables and strips of very lean beef. It was fantastic.

Then we went to the beach and had a swim. Well, swim... I floated for about 20 minutes enjoying the waves.

Upon coming home I was so sick and tired of not having put up our world map that we did it right away. It hangs quite well above our bed, just like we had it in A'dam. This is how it's supposed to be.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice racquets...! Pity they won't help your game :-P No we are getting much better & yesterday the courts were relatively free which would have been lovely to play in the cool conditions ! Karin

Vincent said...

@ K: There will be a day that I can beat you with a piece of cake even! ;-)

You can always call me and see if I'm up for a game. The conditions were indeed fantastic.

marian said...

nog even en jullie kunnen naar de austalien open!!!

Vincent said...

@ ma: Yesh! :-)

Anonymous said...

Nic, the food looks yummie (minus the meat of course).
Vince, the exact same map is hanging over my dinner table :) Recently pointed out to my mom where you live right now.

Jo

Vincent said...

@ Jo: I love the map. I have a thing for maps anyway. The bigger the better. One day I want to have a beautiful globe that I can spin around too :-)