Thursday, June 19, 2008

Happy happy day

I had to go to the dentist today. On my way there, the old tram passed the new one. I think they should have ordered more of the old ones...

The dentists reception desk. The visit went well. I had the following done by my dentist Rocco Arena:
- Periodic Oral Examination ($46)
- Removal of Calculus ($95)
- Topical Appl. of Fluoride - 1 treatment ($25)
- Intraoral Periapical/Bitewing Xray/Film ($46)
- Intraoral Periapical/Bitewing Xray/Film ($46)

That's $258 of dental work. And because I went to a private dentist, my public healthcare isn't paying a damn thing.

Everything looked great thankfully and the visit was nice and relaxed. I hadn't had fluoride since I was 12 years old. They also made me put on sunglasses against the bright light. And when the X-ray's were taken they made me wear a lead skirt. I've never felt so sexy....

After work I walked to P.J O'Brien's for a pint or two while waiting for Nicole. She was on an improvised second job interview that went well. Read her blog for more information! :-)

Guinness for strength. And also for mental relaxation.

In the evening we had a fun Skype chat with the G. I asked him to do something funny, he doesn't usually display this kind of behaviour ;-)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Completely forgot that the camera is placed on my laptop, while I had skype on my second screen,

kees said...

If the dentist charges $95 for 'Removal of Calculus', I wonder how much he charges for 'Removal of Trigonometry'.

$95 for single-handedly removing calculus from the store of human knowledge... Sheez...

Sneezer said...

great pic of gerrit.

marian said...

fijn dat Nicole aan het werk kan
gefeliciteerd !!
we waren bij Tony vandaag, jullie krijgen de groetjes.
gr ma.

Friðvin said...

txrad went to the dentist today. He is due for thousands of $$$ in necessary work, and insurance will only pay $1,500. So we are expecting about $5,600 out-of-pocket expenses.

Jesus H. Christ.

Vincent said...

@ Kona: HOLY SHIT! That's a bit much eh? How long hasn't he seen a dentist and what does he need done?