Sunday, June 15, 2008

Fathers day

While Nicole was baking hard I was doing some woodwork. Very handy little machine this was. Very noisy too btw. And when you're cutting and you can't find the bloody dust bag to put on it it makes a very nice fountain of saw dust. At least it sprayed away from me...
This piece of wood is actually 2 pieces glued together. It's going to get a leg under it and it will be put in the middle underneath our Ikea cupboard because it's caving in under the weight of my model trains *grin*

Karin spent the night at our place coz Gav was helping out a mate and slept there. Mason also stayed overnight. He scared the shit out of us by starting a mad barking session at 2 AM. I felt reasonably f*cked again today. I was supposed to make up for the sleep I missed while watching Holland beat France.

In the afternoon Anna, Damian, Rose and Charli visited us to eat the cakes Nicole baked in the morning. Here little Rosie is paying attention to Nicole who may have been explaining cold fusion technology... or not.

We chose the easy way out for dinner and went to Cafe de Vili's for dinner. This gives me about an hour worth of driving which is always handy. Driving went superb tonight.

When we came home I had the obligatory fathers day Skype session with my mom and dad. We bought him a big bunch of flowers.

2 comments:

Sneezer said...

how far away are you from getting your license vance? will you buy a car then?

Vincent said...

1.5 hours and I will have reached my 50 hours of driving after which I can either do a test or take a couple of driving lessens with an instructor where he/she keeps a log book of what I have done successfully. So that last one is kind of like an exam but probably spread out over a few drives. I leaning towards that last one because I wanted to get a couple of drives in with a proper instructor anyway.

Buying a car happens when we move out I think. Having three cars in the drive way would be problematic and I think it's just not neccesary. Apart from that I'm not sure I wanna fork out the money for it right now.