Friday, August 29, 2008

The Red back spider

The Friday afternoon beer!

I was meeting Nicole after work at the Lemongrass restaurant. I walked a different way for a change. It wasn't as spectacular as Kees' walks but it was still fun.

Old door.

Back street in the city.

I walked over North Terrace. The city (centre) of Adelaide is a square surrounded by four terraces like this.

There is the biggest parking I have ever seen on North Tce.

The uni of Adelaide is everywhere in the city.

The free masons also have a house/office there. This was the first stone. I'm thinking of changing my title ("Ing" = engineer title) to "The Most Worshipful Grand Master". It just has a better sound to it don't you think?

When we came home I spotted a new visitor in our garden: A Redback spider.

We took photo's and then delicately got rid of it by smashing it between two wooden planks. It's better not to have any poisonous things around...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

have you been bitten by any spiders yet?

if so, which has the funkiest bite..??

Vincent said...

@ Gled: No I haven't actually. Well, not that I know of anyway. So far I've only seen two redbacks and one or two white tail spiders. Oh, and something that looked like a small huntsman too. That was the biggest and scariest one actually. I'd rather not get bitten...