Saturday, October 25, 2008

The Prius Test Drive

Today we took a Toyota Prius for a test drive. I was pressed against the dashboard with my knees when sitting in the passenger seat. Not made for tall people.

It's a nice looking car but very plasticky. I could live with that but the console in between the seats was a bit flimsy and it was in the way of clicking in your seat belt.

Nicole driving us in to the Adelaide hills. The car drives nicely and the controls are OK. Driving up the hills required some extra umpf and the petrol engine was revving like mad. Made us feel somewhat uncomfortable. Because it's an automatic, going downhill requires a lot of breaking. After 15 minutes my leg was hurting so much (because of the little leg room) that we swapped the car at the first occasion. Nic drove the rest back to the dealer and that's it. No Prius unfortunately.

We were disappointed. Clearly our expectations were too high.

The birdies are doing fine. They're cleaning themselves all day. Quite frankly, I'd do the same if my bed was made out of shit for 50%...

Late afternoon I drove Nicole to a pub where she was meeting two frinds to go see a basketball game. She was invited and apparently has really cool tickets. I drove home. Alone, for the first time :-)

PS: It was 37C today and mostly cloudy.

2 comments:

Friðvin said...

That's a bummer about the Prius but I'm not surprised. I could deal with such a car for short work commutes and flat land driving but I'm sure I'd be miserable if I had to make a long drive.

Christiaan said...

Did you already test the Honda Civic Hybrid as well? Hope it's roomier.