Saturday, December 27, 2008

Loads and loads of people

Around four in the morning I was woken up by sounds on the little roof above our window. It was the sound of falling plums and rustling of leaves. I fell asleep again.

When I woke up and walked outside I found this half a metre away from our door. Some little animal went to the toilet right in front of our door! The nerve!

Using my aboriginal tracking skills, I found this plum-pit, 40 cm away from the faeces. It must have had a feast because the tree is currently FULL of plums. It explains the kaka coz eating lots of plums gives you the shits :-)

We went to Rundle mall to look for several things. It was mad busy because the after CHRISTmas sale has started. Most shops have pretty nice discounts. I took lots of photo's of people.

















I wanted to buy a coffee maker for my work. They bought a $700 espresso maker that requires a lot of maintenance. Too much maintenance really. It requires a BIG clean-up right now, or actually it needed it 6 weeks ago and as a result it's now leaking coffee-goo daily. But all the people using that machine are too busy so it's far from getting cleaned. It's just too complicated, you have to be half an engineer to clean the damn thing. And there is nothing about that machine that justifies the price. Most of all the coffee is NOT particularly good. So yeah, I looked at this one in the picture.

But this is the one I bought. It's the one next to the water cooler mind you. It's nice and simple. Also it can make lots of cups at once which is handy for when you get clients over.

Walking towards our car again we saw this aboriginal man playing the didgeridoo. It sounded fantastic. We gave him $5.

Crossing the lights was a circus. This is the left side where we walked.

There were also a few people on the right side crossing...

1 comment:

marian said...

mooi de foto van de aboriginal met de didgeridoo.dat is Australie!!