Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The scorch

It was one of those warm nights where it didn't really cool down much. The wind is now coming from the North which means desert wind. When we left to go to work at 7:40 this morning it was 28C. Promising...

This bus blew out HUGE clouds of smoke. You just can't believe they allow that shit on the road. It's no wonder Australians are amongst the biggest polluters in the world.

I had lunch in airconditioned Cafe Fresh.

A Vili's pie (already gone), schnitzel sandwich and a Nippy's.

Outside the wind was blowing hot and hard.

Waiting for the bus in the shade today. There was no way I was going to line-up in the sun.

When I came home it was 39C in the shade on the veranda. Apparently it reached 40.4 in our garden today. There are reports of bush fires as well so it looks like summer has arrived in all it's glory...

Something else that arrived in all it's glory was my tax form for 2007. Funnily enough I requested one for both me and Nicole but I never got one. I even made a phone call for mine but they said I didn't need to fill one in. Nicole has received her tax refund about a year ago already and they send me my form NOW. Oh, and it has to be back before March. They take a YEAR to send me one but I have to send it back within 1.5 months. The nerve.

2 comments:

Gledwood said...

That sounds inconveniently HOT... did you know I could have been BORN in Adelaide... my Dad chose the place bc, by Australian standards, the weather's pretty MILD!!!

Anonymous said...

Schnitzel op brood...???

Succes met je belastingpapieren. Belachelijk hoelang het heeft geduurt voordat je de jouwes ontving...