Saturday, January 17, 2009

Lord of the ring

We went to Gaganis this morning. It's shopping heaven for lots of immigrants.

They sell a lot of spices and nuts for example that other shops don't stock. But also lots of overseas cooking equipment etc.

I found this marzipan called MVR. I know someone called MVR :-)

After this it was back to old boring Woolworths. Which by the way, after researching seems to be a fully Australian owned company, independent of the American Woolworths.

In the afternoon I did lots of dirty wood work in the shed. Around 18:00 we decided to hit the beach and have a bite. The bite sucked and we actually dumped our stuff and went home, where I had a shower and then we took off to Cafe de Vili's.

I've started work on a bigger test track for my model railroad. This one will allow me to test all the technical hurdles I need to take before starting the big coffee table project.

What else happened at the beach? Well, I lost my Viking ring I bought in Denmark at the Viking Ship Museum in Roskilde whilst on Mic's bucks trip.

I was floating in the water, a wave came and pushed me around. I felt the ring slip off and then it was gone. I looked for 15 minutes but no, not a trace. I liked the ring very much and I actually had it enlarged to fit my finger etc. Sad.

9 comments:

marian said...

jammer van de ring, zo te zien zat ie toch aardig strak om je vinger.

Vincent said...

@ ma: Ja, maar door de warm/kou wisselingen krimpt je vinger of zet ie juist uit. In het water was m'n vinger dit keer net te dun helaas...

Gledwood said...

I want a trainset too!

Friðvin said...

So your Woolworths is safe from shutting down? I read a few weeks ago that all the ones in England are closing.

Anonymous said...

Zonde dat je de ring kwijt bent:-( Het zou een wonder zijn geweest als je hem toch had teruggevonden, denk ik.

Vincent said...

@ Gledwood: It's a lot of fun if you like model trains. But it's also rather expensive. These trains are not simple toys for children really...

@ Kona: It is, indeed. I heard about the English ones too. Unfortunate...

@ Ilse: Ja, erg jammer.

kees said...

You want me to look out for a new viking ring? As you know I often get to places where they're sold.

Anonymous said...

May I suggest an under water metal detector. Sometimes you see people use them to find lost rings, jewelry etc.

regards

cyber_tyger

Vincent said...

@ CT: Thanks for the idea. I'm not excactly sure where I lost it anymore though and I dunno where to get a detector from :-/ I might have a bit of a search though.