Sunday, January 18, 2009

Dove photo shoot

In the morning I heard the pretty bird in the tree. I can't remember it's name. It makes beautiful little sounds that sound quite complex. It's really bird's talking. It's just a beautiful sight. They don't like people very much though. Good on them.

When it flew away, I saw the little dovies in the nectarine tree.

They were just chilling.

And cleaning each other a bit.

Cleaning and overseeing what's going on (nothing) in the garden is very tiring.

The moon was up already. Stunning.

At noon I drove to Bunnings by myself again. Nicole doesn't have to drive me anymore, she is very pleased with that.

I bought some double sided tape and a threaded rod.

On the way home I stopped by a model railroad shop that I had forgotten about. I was after a few things of which most he didn't have. He did have this car though which is used for cleaning the track. It has a rubber underneath. The car has cleaning agents branding on it which is funny.
I also bought a dcc loco decoder. Hopefully I can build it in one of my old trains to make it digital as well.

When I came home I soldered some wires to bits of track so I could create more power points in my track.

The rest of the day (14:00 - 21:30) I worked on a new test lay out. I only managed to complete the construction part. Next up is the wiring. I'm amazed I actually managed to get this far today. Very pleased.

Note: A full post about the test track is available at vincentcreative.blogspot.com.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wat zitten die duiven grappig op die tak.

marian said...

het zijn vast tortel duiven!!!

Gledwood said...

isn't the top one a rainbow lorrie?

reminds me of one but I'm no expert

hey if you want a birds blog go have a look at

http://bimbimbie.blogspot.com

she's in Queensland and it's amazingly packed with parrots of all descriptions...

Vincent said...

@ Gled: I think you are right :-)