Monday, March 9, 2009

Books and beach

The two doves (that had 2 x 2 babies while nesting on our veranda) had made another nest in a tree in the back of our garden. They're not very good at it. They screwed up last year as well. Anyway, one day we found both new babies on the ground under the nest. One was dead (it's a 3.5 metre fall) and one was alive. That one now has a little apartment in the shed where it's being fed by the parents. It will fly out soon I reckon.

Late morning we drove in to town. We had an elevator photo shoot.

All the shops were closed except for Borders books. I bought this third edition of Cocoa programming for Mac OS X. I had bought the second edition a year ago which was too old for the software that I have and I missed out on the book last visit. So I secured my copy today.

Some little girl was hiding from me.

Outside in Rundle mall Jan Vayne was playing a few tunes.

Then we had lunch at a place called Saldechin. It was in an old bank building.

Food was asian orientated and quite nice. Bit of a weird atmosphere though I thought.

Nicole posing with an ad she put together.

When we came home, the in laws had returned from Ikea and were putting together the new purchases. Well, actually only Tony was and I think everybody else was cheering.

In the evening we went to Henley.

We walked on the jetty a bit before going to the Thai Orchid.

The weather was great, bit windy.

The sun set while we were having a fantastic dinner.

Afterwards we had coffee.

2 comments:

Gledwood said...

AN INTRIGUING POST, VINCENT: I do like that Chin-Chin place... Is that a converted bank I see before me, or..?? & is that raw walnuts I see in your Asian dinner platter..?

Vincent said...

@ Gled: That's right. It used to be a bank and there were definitely walnuts in my salad. It had a blue cheese dressing.