Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Chris Isaak concert

In the morning we went to town to get some mug shots for our passports. Dutch ones cost $25 and German ones cost $20. Odd.

There was an old Fiat 500 parked out side and it was in pristine condition.

The doves in our garden are a bit crazy. And they love me. I'm only changing the cocky-boy's water and as I bent over they come and land on my back. I'm just praying they don't crap on me. Apart from that I think it's funny and cute.

This i their little baby right now. They raise it for about three weeks and then it's on to the next few babies. I wonder if they'll make more after this one. I hope not.

In the afternoon we drove to Tanunda where we went to an open air festival called Barossa under the stars. The only reason we went is because their main act was Chris Isaak.

It was a bit windy.

There were loads...

... and loads of people.

Already during the third song of the concert Chris did a bit of a walk through the crowd. How I wish I had a better quality camera in my phone.

It was pretty cool.

The show was great.

Big similarities with the show in Amsterdam we saw but he also did songs from his new album.

Afterwards he signed his merchandise. Nobody however told us that you actually had to buy the merchandise next door first. That made sense but it would've been nice if they told us before hand.

This is his new cd. It was fantastic to see and hear him live again.

2 comments:

munchie said...

Didn't know Chris had a new album out. Will have to check it out.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the photos, especially of him walking through the crowd. I saw him twice in concert in 2009, yippee!! But he did not sign merchandise at either concert, which was a big disappointment for me. I have been to 5 other shows of his and he always came out to meet his fans. I wonder why he stopped meeting fans in the US, but he is still doing so at his overseas shows?
KJ