Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The sky

Thankfully the weather was nice during lunch and i was able to find an empty bench at the fountain where i sat in the warm sun for 30 minutes.

This is my view when waiting for my bus to go home. The sky was amazing. In Australia, it seems like the sky is bigger and higher than in The NL. It's fantastic. I haven't seen sky more beautiful than in Australia. Whether you look up during the day or at night, it's always big and it always makes me feel very little.

The 5PM exodus.

There is only one spot in the bus where I can sit normal (meaning where my knees don't get crushed) and that's next to the disabled spot.

The bus is like Noah's ark picking up people to leave the city.

2 comments:

CRAIG said...

The sky is amazing in Australia. I remember standing outside at night on my great uncles farm just staring in awe at the night sky. I've never seen so many stars at once.

Vincent said...

That's the exact word: awe. It's just unreal. You can actually see the Milky way. I'm sure you can see it from other places on earth as well but this is the first place I've been where I saw it.