Friday, June 26, 2009

Taxi

All the benches were wet during lunch.

I sat down after drying one.

There was a cracking atmosphere. Well, at least there was fresh air. Oh! And for entertainment some girl was having professional photo's taken of her. Almost forgot.

This ducky was sitting in the fountain. She wasn't very scared. I think she knows that people don't go in the water anyway.

My desk at work.

I played World of Warcraft when I got home.

I picked up Nicole after she went out with colleagues. Getting out of the car was an accomplishment ;-)

2 comments:

Gledwood said...

Ducks aren't stupid! We used to feed them at Windsor when I was staying with my grandparents (in the castle ~ just kidding) ~ yep, very adept at catching things in those emery board shaped beaks!!

ps I can't remember what the fuck it is now, but I found out the word for a bird's beak in German the other day. So can I ask you how on earth you learned English? Did you really sit down with novels ploughing through with dictionary? Because that's the only way I improved my German... and it did work because I now only look up half as many words per page as at the beginning... I know this bc every single word I looked up I wrote the meaning of in a book ~ so I can read that and the original text in parallel when I've finished...

Vincent said...

@ Gled: No, I love ducks :-)

In The Netherlands we have subtitles on TV. A lot of stuff is in english. So we hear the english, and we read the Dutch. It help a LOT. We also get taught English in school quite soon. And I personally have been speaking English for over 15 years very frequent. Close to natively for the past 8 years I think.