Saturday, October 31, 2009

The Alkmaar visit

Mid afternoon I took the train to Alkmaar. Gorgeous weather.

Somebody left a ferrari at the station.

My mum made apple pie and it was delicious.

My dad had to sing in the afternoon. He sings in a big all-male choir.

We had dinner together. Cassie blogging the blogger. Check Ilse's blog for more photo's of this event.

My sister Ilse holding the enveloped with names. We were drawing names today for Sinterklaas.

After dinner it was aparently time to watch the soccer.


I could think of other things to do instead of watching soccer.

3 comments:

Gledwood said...

That view from your car window reminds me of a film I saw last night set in Denmark. One of those mostly dialogue-free affairs. I couldn't tell whether it was documentary or fiction. They spent ages swimming in a river that looked freezing, saying it was "warm!" (those crazy Danes...) Well I THINK they were Danish. The language was Germanic and the landscape flat and northern European-looking...

Gledwood said...

No! They were Mennonites living in MEXICO so the water would indeed have been hot. Except it DID snow there too (in Mexico? on a plain...???) And the language they spoke was Low German, so no wonder it sounded so like English. The name of the film was Silent Light

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silent_Light

Ilse said...

Ja, het voetbal kijken was niet echt interessant.