Sunday, November 22, 2009

The fake steak.

My beautiful Aboriginal art work in front of god-awful Dutch weather.

I thought I had bought real steak. I was looking forward to some real, nice and juicy steak. Was making it with one onion and one paprika.

I recently learned of a nice trick to cut the onion. Must put a saucer at the bottom neext time ;-)

All ready.

And nearly done cooking.

I thought it was weird that there was no blood coming out during the cooking. Disappointment all around after cutting a "steak" in half and I found out it was actually made of the same stinking mince that they make all bloody meat products from at Albert Heijn. Not gonna happen again!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go to the butcher next time so you can see it being cut !!!
Nice meal!
Gr. Vicky.

Ilse said...

Stond er wel op de verpakking dat het steak was?

marian said...

er gaat niets boven de echte keurslager, kost iets meer maar dan hebt je ook VLEES.

Vincent said...

@ Ilse: Ja. "Pepper steak". Had ik verder gelezen dan had ik "gemaakt van echt rundvlees" ook gezien...