Monday, December 7, 2009

Dark.

I woke up at 5AM today because I had to go on a road trip. The streets were E M P T Y.

I was going to a client for work with colleagues. This is where I waited for my bus.

(Click to enlarge)
I took the train for the dark blue bit. I drove to my destination by car, that's the light blue bit.

The most depressing train station in the world: Amsterdam Sloterdijk.

The software I'm going to work on is used by radiologists. Today I had a chance to actually see how it is being used and it was VERY useful.

When I went back home it was dark again. I have not seen any daylight today. Welcome to winter in The Netherlands.

3 comments:

Ilse said...

Nu nog sneeuw en het is net gezellig winter:-)

Gledwood said...

Those pictures are very atmospheric. That's what I used to love about London at night.

Before I became a heroin addict and creature of the night...

I used to love cruising through Brixton in the back of a cab... the wide streets empty... watching traffic lights change. There's something poetic about watching traffic lights, a scene of such congestion by day changing late at night when the dark streets are lit in shades of orange and we have the streets entirely to ourselves ...

All me weird why doncha!

Vincent said...

@ Gled: Walking around on odd hours makes me feel that as well. It's one thing that I find attractive of working at night. You see a different world.