Saturday, May 15, 2010

It's MADNESS!

I had lunch with Nicole at Edel. They made my burger the right way. Impressive!

Lunch-view.

Lunch.

My friend Kate pointed out this Indian restaurant to me that is apparently very close to where I currently live and it's supposed to have the best curry in town.

Nicole brought me chocolates from Switzerland, they are very nice indeed!

Orchid update for my mom. It's making beautiful flowers still.

Late afternoon I met with Marjolein and Ruud at Wagamama's for dinner. We went to get some poffertjes afterwards across the road. Here's Marjolein infront of the poffertjes joint.

And there is Ruud!

Only today I found out that the arch that I have passed under so many times in latin ("Homo Sapiens Non Urinat In Ventum") reads "People should not pee against the wind".

Then we went down in to the subway.

They had giving the train prettier interiors.

We got off at station Bijlmer to walk to the Heineken Music Hall.

We went to a concert of....

MADNESS!

(Click to enlarge)
The support act was not much good but MADNESS did an excellent show performing everything we wanted to hear.

Here are some more pictures without comments:

(Click to enlarge)







(Click to enlarge)

Afterwards Marjolein and I went to Mulligans for a night-cap. The band there was well, not comparable. I was happy to hear Beatles songs in the pub though. It's a sought after break from regular Irish and Scottish folk music (I know that sounds odd coming from somebody who's been a regular in an Irish music bar for 15 years ;-).

5 comments:

Ilse said...

Haha, die tekst aan die muur, geweldig!

Gledwood said...

MADNESS! Now that's a blast from the past... wasn't there another band called Baggy Trousers..? Or was that a hit by Madness?... My memory!

That windy canal looks erg koud! Not peeing into the wind... nice to see some wisdom from Roman times has found its way down to today!... As well as IN VINO VERITAS, which is also too true (v uncomfortably true at times...)

Gledwood said...

Sorry just a little question: how do I say somebody "looks" something, like Nicole looks really cold ...


Is het Nicole kijkt erg koud uit? Or something like that..??

Vincent said...

@ Gled: It should be "Nicole ziet er koud uit". But she wasn't very cold. maybe just a little bit.

Gledwood said...

Ja, maar ze zeet er koud uit!