Friday, June 11, 2010

The Frets in HQ.

Eileen and I had breakfast at the Vlaamsche broodhuys again this morning. They finally had croissants but they were disappointing. Somehow this place had gigantic potential but it's just not coming out. Why don't I have the money to start a place like this?...

My orchid is in full bloom now. It's beautiful.

Saw this bike outside a bike shop. The name of the bike is "Paddy wagon". Funny.

In the evening we went to Mulligans. A band called "The Frets" was playing there.

They walked through the pub quite a few times, they even played outside which was very funny.

With improvised background vocals from the audience.

Pat on the table.

Dave serenading Eileen ;-)

And Pat behind the bar.

This was the most entertaining band I have ever seen playing in Mulligans. It was all folk-ish but they still managed to play Cindy Lauper as well. I loved it. And they were genuinely very funny too. In a Robin Williams kind of way.

2 comments:

Gledwood said...

It all looks very gemütlich (my word du jour)...

That Vlaamsche broodhuys thing ~ doesn't it mean something totally innocuous, like Flemish Breadshop.??

I have to say when I first saw it written down it looked like the name of something like a torture chamber!!

marian said...

de orhidee is inderdaad erg mooi, goed weekend.