Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The sign.

"Ze noemen mij een vandalist maar als een ieder toch eens wist, wat het is om in noord te wonen". Translation: "They call me a vandal but if they only had a clue about what it is like to live in the North".

This sign has been here since the weekend I believe. It's a protest from someone who lives in Amsterdam North which has a reputation of being incredibly boring for youth. Not many people want to live there for this very reason but also because they are afraid of feeling disconnected with the city of Amsterdam because it's separated by water.

Today we had elections in The Netherlands. I voted too. I am always very happy to vote. People died so that I could vote you know...

1 comment:

Gledwood said...

Does the new Prime Minister have to visit the Queen to "ask to form a government" as they do here?

On the last election with its unclear outcome, the Queen made it quite clear she would not be taking callers till after midday ~ good on ya, Ma'am

How inferior those vulgar politicians must feel, traipsing into Buckingham Palace. And how superior of the Queen not to have to bother to leave her own home to go to work!!

If I were PM I would commandeer Buckingham Palace and Windsor Castle for my own use and get myself crowned emperor. (The Queen could reign as well. She would just be inferior to me).

But the first thing I would do as Prime Minister would be to insist on a guided tour of all the secret passageways around Whitehall (there are said to be loads ~ you can, so it's claimed, walk from 10 Downing Street into practically any building in Whitehall, down to the Houses of Parliament and even to Buckingham Palace without ever appearing above ground!!

Second thing I'd wanna see is the NUCLEAR BUTTON ~ ha-har!!