Saturday, October 8, 2011

The swing

(Click to enlarge)
Marjolein and I went to Heerhugowaard to visit her folks. It was her moms birthday this week. Now, next to the Heerhugowaard train station, happens to be the biggest model railroad shop in, perhaps, all of the Netherlands! So even though I only had 8 minutes I couldn't resist popping in. In the above picture you see three sizes of model trains. The price of the big LGB-size trains is insane! Beautiful model though.

Marjolein's folks like living on the edge. On the edge of Heerhugowaard to be exactly.

(Click to enlarge)
Marjolein showed me some places from when she was growing up. This was my favourite one. It's behind the house. There is a creek and then fields. It's quiet and open. Beautiful.

(Click to enlarge)
We walked a bit further and came across the old play ground.

(Click to enlarge)
Hi!

(Click to enlarge)
Marjolein enjoying being 5 years old. (I do this every day but for her it's special ;-)

We came across this bridge. Somebody had put the pole next to it but it appears not to have any function. Probably a practical joke. I like.

Back at the house I was showing off my skills in the "Stratego" board game. Marjolein's niece wanted to be anonymous.

2 comments:

Marjolein said...

You mean my niece ;-)

Vincent said...

Oops, fixed! Thank ;-)