Thursday, April 26, 2012

My first HDR picture

(Click to enlarge)
I made this picture using my iPhone this morning on my way to work. Due to the light situation you can hardly see the sub. Nice skies though.

Now keep reading! ;-)

(Click to enlarge)
I recently found out about the HDR technique of combining multiple images of the same object but with different exposures. You usually do this with RAW files or TIFF's because those files maintain their quality better when used for this, but I only had a crappy JPG... Anyway, I made 2 copies of my image using an image editor, both with increased exposure. This was the image with most exposure. Now you can see the sub but the sky is gone.

(Click to enlarge)
But combining all 3 images using a tool called HDRtist (free for OS X) I created this image in which the sub AND the sky looks good!

Nice!

There were also a few geese.

My office. of course it says "007". What else?!

And it rained.

No comments: