Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Sinterklaas dinner

When I left work to go home there were snow clouds coming in. It looked apocalyptic I think.
The crane ship is still up in the air.

The light was pretty.

It was getting darker very fast.

I took a train to Alkmaar to meet my family for Sinterklaas dinner. We went to some place called "Wereldwijd". You pay a fixed amount and then you can eat AND drink all you want for 2 hours. But after 2 hours you gotta be gone or pay extra for every 30 minutes you stay longer.

The concept is fun and the place looks nice but it's mostly buffet eating except for the fish and meat. They cook that on a grill for you. The quality of the food wasn't great. Particularly the chicken sateh tasted like it had been lying in the sun for a few days and it was covered in a very watery, tasteless sateh sauce.
But I had a very fun evening and it was really nice to eat together with my family which was the most important bit for me anyway so I'm happy :-)

Ilse and Cassie standing in the snow that had appeared while we were eating.

No comments: