Sunday, December 2, 2012

My car started! :-)

So today I went to see how my pony was doing. I also brought bags to see if I could get stuff out of the trunk to my house. Normal people use their car for that stuff, I used an IKEA bag and a backpack ;-)

The trunk has loads of old parts in it and I want the trunk to be cleaned out so I started taking stuff out. There was the air conditioning parts that made room for the new LPG setup and the previous LPG parts and the original air filter was there as well. I also found what i think is the old starter motor. And some things I don't recognize.

Anyway, I managed to take everything out except for 2 big things that I need to pick up separately some evening this week.

Then I thought I'd try starting the car again. At first it wouldn't work, I think it got overflowed. Then I remembered a trick Nicole told me about and also a person on a Ford Mustang forum: Before starting, floor the gas pedal and then start. I tried this and I never heard it start so quick! Within a second it came to life! I was stunned...

So I was all happy again :-)

I went up to Gerrit's and had some tea. Catherine was in need of a lot of attention.

Then I went to the station by bus.

I was carrying a lot of car parts, some were very heavy... IKEA bags come in handy then ;-)

1 comment:

Gledwood said...

That cat looks really cute ;-)