Monday, August 5, 2013

It's a 351 "Cleveland" 2V, nice!

Lunch view.

I went to my car in the evening. There were things I wanted to check out like how the LPG installation was laid out, because i want to take it out. And also I wanted to find out what kind of engine my car's got.

The LPG connections on top of the tank in the trunk. I can't wait to remove that LPG crap. At first I thought it was a bonus but lately I've developed a big dislike of it. It needs to go. It will make the car leaner and meaner and more original.

Then I started checking out the engine itself. Not standard! The intake manifold is an Edelbrock Performer. No idea how old it is but I like how it sounds! ;-) And on top of that sits a Holley carburator. Also not standard. Good quality though! Somewhere in the life of this car someone put some effort towards more horsepower!

The engine compartment. Shit ugly because of the LPH everywhere and the ugly air intake.

And then the engine itself. It's a 351 C (Cleveland) 2V which I believe can be tweaked to a bit more horsepower by using standard parts than the 351 W (Windsor) which is the most common 351.
So this was a nice discovery :-)

No comments: