Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The office life

Hordes of people who can't wait to get behind their desks.

Streets are full of busses delivering the office-slaves right on time.

The street where I work.

The staircase at my work.

Our elevator is sssllloooowwwwwww.

And then it was lunch time! Woohooo! Unfortunately a few cigarette smoking leather-heads next to us spoilt a lot of the fun by creating an ash tray smell all around us.

Nic picked me up from work. It's nicer than going home by bus and also faster.

At home Mason was still there and he was very excited to see me :-)

4 comments:

Gledwood said...

Central Adelaide looks like a smaller and far cleaner version of downtown Manhattan

Sneezer said...

nice staircase photo.

you look like your the only one on the bus? or are you just the first? Mass trans is good but a car is so much more convenient.

Friðvin said...

Your attitude about the worker bees sounds very similar to stuff that comes out of my mouth when I used to be in the "work parade."

I used to enjoy trying to get to the office by 7am because I'd enter the building alone rather than being in a long procession of people, which I absolutely DESPISE for some reason. It's one of my many delightful quirks. HA! (txrad would disagree with that last statement.)

Vincent said...

@ Gled: It -is- very clean I must say. But that's because there's bins everywhere and the fine's are high. You hardly find chewing gum or ciggy buds. And also no spit or dog shit.

@ Sn33z0r: The bus is usually quite empty when it reaches my stop. Esp. when I go 15 minutes earlier, which I did yesterday.

@ Kona: I can't go to work that early. I'm just waking up around that time. I don't despise it, I just find it... fascinating I guess. And of course, I'm a part of it. And as crappy as it may look, it does give me the feeling of being in a great city, which I like a lot. Then again I want to eventually live in the hills, far away from all of this. maybe I'm schizo. Office man by day, cave man by night, yeah!