Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Berliner doughnut

Passing the paddocks in North Adelaide on my way to work this morning. It was nice and sunny.

Rundle mall is still very quiet at this time in the morning.

I went to cafe Fresh for lunch together with my colleague Mark. I had a toasted Focaccia with ham and cheese. I like mixing Italian and Dutch cuisine hehe.

And on the way back to the office I bought a berliner doughnut. I call them this way because they're sold as doughnuts but they are actually berliners but with different fillings and toppings/ This one has a glace topping and inside is liquid caramel. I had it sit on my desk for 2 hours first and the smell alone was sen-sa-tional.
I think if you eat more than one per month it will give you a heart attack though...

In the afternoon 2 out of 4 holes in our ceiling were closed. If you look at the closed parts of the ceiling now you almost feel like you're in a proper office! ;-)

In the evening Nicole picked me up and we went to caffé Paesano to eat some Italian. It was delicious.

4 comments:

kees said...

Ligt het nou aan mij of is het altijd zo rustig bij de italiaan? Of komen jullie er voor de avondspits begint?

Vincent said...

@ Kees: We gaan er heen na mijn werk dus we zijn er altijd vroeg, zo tegen 17:30. Bevalt prima. Nog steeds geen italiaan gevonden die Stivale d'Oro overtreft trouwens. Of I Trulli, onze oude buurt italiaan. Dat zijn dan weer twee dingen waar ik met weemoed aan denk...

Gledwood said...

I thought a donut was meant to have a hole, but all the ones I see (apart from a "traditional" one spotted lying in a bus stop last week) seem to be like sugared bread rolls... with a nuclear explosion of lemon curd or something like that inside...

Vincent said...

@ Gled: Yes! That's what I thought as well but aparently the call closed ones "doughnut" as well. Thinking of it, it does look more like a "nut made of dough" than the ones with a hole in them don't you think?