Thursday, May 1, 2008

Window cleaning / Thai food

Dark clouds as I wait for my bus. I was very early today (7:30) and the bus was only 30% full so I could sit. Unfortunately I sat very close to someone with extreme BO but after inhaling deep a few times I was used to it, well, I could tolerate it. My clothes probably still smell like him. I'm sure it was a him. There were only hims sitting close to me...

During the morning I spotted this dude checking out the facade. He wasn't hard to spot. Suddenly there was this bright orange dot outside. Soon enough he'd be putting ropes in place.

Next thing you know he was on the ledge of the window, hooked up to the first rope though. If the ARBO dienst saw this they would send in the army I think.

And then the cleaning begun. The stupid thing was that he was cleaning the windows of a floor that has all the windows covered with paper on the inside...

I went to the food court again. Found another place that sells sub standard baguettes. I ate it sitting on a bench in front of a building. The mix of old and new buildings remains fascinating.

In this picture I was:
A) Thrilled with my baguette.
B) Concentrating while making the picture
C) --- post your reason in the comments ---

After work we went out for dinner. I got my first pay yesterday which called for celebration. We checked out a Thai place called "Basil & Lemongrass".

It turned out to be the best Thai we visited here so far.

Food: 8-, Service: 8.5, Hygiene: 8, Price: 7.5.

6 comments:

kees said...

C) still holding on to the bus passenger's BO...

Nicole said...

C) Trying to squeeze one out.

Anonymous said...

C: Een shaggie aan t draaien. (Weet niet hoe je dat in t engels zegt)
C: Een luier aan t volpoepen.

Friðvin said...

C) --- post your reason in the comments ---

Examining a very odd bowel movement.

I see Nicole and I think alike.

Friðvin said...

Ilse, dat is een mooie hoed.

Vincent said...

Thanks for all your contributions. In Dutch we have the following saying: "Zoals de waard is, vertrouwd hij zijn gasten". It kind of means "you think of others the way you really are yourself". So I guess a few of you should look for a toilet a bit more often ;-)

The answer was actually that I was concentrating but I didn't realise it at the time...