Thursday, June 5, 2008

VirtualBox

I didn't make any photo's today, sorry. In the evening I researched new software though. This particular software is called VirtualBox. It allows you to run a computer operating system like MS Windows or Linux inside a virtual machine (a program that acts like a computer). This virtual machine could be run on an Apple Mac computer like my iMac for example.

In this screenshot I'm setting up Windows Vista.

The set up went quick and without any trouble. Windows Vista runs nicely. Hardware acceleration and 3D seem to be troublesome for other major virtual machines like Parallels and VM Ware too. Check out this comparison sheet.

I think I regret paying money for Parallels now because VirtualBox is for free...

3 comments:

Sneezer said...

pretty

Anonymous said...

Cool, i use VB as well :-) I use it to run winxp on my linux host. For some windos programs there is no Linux equivalent (yet), VB is the perfect solution there.

Vincent said...

@ Mic: It's quite nice yesh.