Saturday, June 7, 2008

AMRE 2008

Today I went to Adelaide Model Railway Exhibition 2008. Eventhough I already knew about it 6 months ago and thought about it 3 or 4 weeks ago as well I would have completely missed it if it wasn't for Gavin telling me about it after he heard about it on local radio!

Thanks Gav! :-)

The exhibition is held yearly and has lots of displays and a section for shops selling second hand and new stuff. I actually managed to score a Dutch passenger car for only $20 (€13) which is a bargain.

Here are some pictures I made while walking around.



In Australia people are more interested in Australian and American trains. I don't like those.

Little village.

This was a really nicely done section showing a little canyon with a waterfall and river.

Typical Australian landscape.

The above photo and the next three photo's are from a small LGB track layout. That's G-scale track (the big stuff) which is generally 22.5 times smaller than real trains. It was really nice and very well done with great detail.







Australian layout.

American layout.

This shows how big some layouts can get. They are usually built from modules so they can be easily taken apart.

Right side view of the exhibition.

Left side view of the exhibition.





The second smallest scale is Z-gauge. This scale is 220 times smaller than the real thing. This small track is build in a guitar.



In the evening we had dinner at Karin and Gav's place. BBQ. I had a fantastic steak, garlic bread and key lime pie. Here we see (l.t.r) Rhys, Nicole and Ash.

Here's Gav finishing the leftovers.

2 comments:

kees said...

When your coffee table track is finished will you show it at the exhibition too?

Vincent said...

@ Kees: I might do that. It should be a fairly unique piece of work. I'm quite sure that some magazines will also be interested. So I better make lots of photo's ;-)