Sunday, June 8, 2008

The creek

I applied another 2 layers of varnish on the other sides of the wood for the wheel barrow today. I should be able to finish this little project tomorrow.

I also needed some stuff from Bunnings again. On the way we got some petrol. Petrol has gone up by 20 cents per litre during the half year that I'm here now. That's quite a bit. That's AU$10 more for a full 50 litre tank.
Driving time Home - Bunnings: 15 minutes.

After Bunnings we drove to Semaphore to get some coffee. To get there we drove through old Port Adelaide. It's one of the oldest parts of Adelaide and some buildings are a beautiful reminder of that time.
Driving time Bunnings - Semaphore: 45 minutes.

While in Semaphore we thought a drive up to Hahndorf would be good. After the rough ride there the first time it would be good for my confidence to try it again ;-) On the way to Hahndorf (actually while driving out of Semaphore) I made Nicole photograph this train *grin*
Driving time Semaphore - Hahndorf: 60 minutes.

In Hahndorf we parked much further up the town than normal and we discovered this little creek that actually now has running water in it. After having lunch we drove back home.
Driving time Hahndorf - Home: 40 minutes.

That makes a total of 160 minutes of driving which is not bad :-)

Only 3.5 hours to go until I have my required 50 hours (3000 minutes).

Back home I played with the macro setting on our big camera to take a few shots of model trains I have but I think I really need to improve the lighting for it. I might make myself a small photo studio to be able to photograph small objects (= trains).

7 comments:

kees said...

When making photos of small objects what you need is a light tent
They're quite simple to make and make much better photos due to the absence of shadows.

Vincent said...

@ Kees: I was thinking about that, not hard to do. Finding the room for it here is harder at the moment...

marian said...

ook hier schieten de bezine prijzen de pan uit: 1.67 de liter, het gaat bijna wekelijks omhoog, niet leuk.
gr ma.

Anonymous said...

I created one inspired by this thread: http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=281524

I spent 15 euro on 2 500W building lights at the Praxis, the rest was laying around the house. This is a result (though somewhat dark, post processing done on my laptop which apparently which seems to have a too bright a screen): http://link.marktplaats.nl/168366222

M

Vincent said...

@ Mic: I would think light should also come from the top? Do you still use your flash?

It's a struggle selling shit on Marktplaats. People are not willing to pay a decent price. They all try to rip you off I noticed. Good luck with that :-)

Anonymous said...

Light is diffused by the paper. In the box it is everywhere. I don't use the flash, because the lamps are enough (i use 300W bulbs btw) but also because it has a different temperature which will give you different shades of white. The pictures on the thread are without flash as well.

@Marktplaats: Yeah, next time i go try e-bay as well.

Anonymous said...

Nog 3,5 uur, gaaf. Ik ben benieuwd wanneer je mag afrijden!