Monday, July 7, 2008

The buildings

This is one of the best looking churches in Adelaide (although my photo makes it look pretty ordinary). Since Adelaide is also knows as the "City of churches" there are a lot of nice looking churches though.

Driving through Grenfell street where I work.

We had a bad night of sleep. It bucketed down with rain from 2 am till 4 am. Having a roof of sheet metal and a carport covered by sheet metal on one side and a shed covered with sheet metal on the other side, you can only imagine how noisy that was... It rained all day really. The driest creeks have turned into little rivers right now.

Lunch time = Thai time on Mondays. Beef long bean with rice take-away and orange juice. $10.20. Can't beat it.

Some buildings across the street.

Some buildings down the street.

After work it was time for Magners so I walked down to P.J O'Brien's to meet Nicole. Here I was crossing Pulteny street.

It was quiet and empty in the pub. The usual deal on a Monday night. I love it. We're getting to know the bartender a bit. He's a nice bloke from Scotland. The quiet type. He makes an effort to speak to us, I can tell. We can only appreciate it, which we do.

3 comments:

kees said...

After the summer's draught I can imagine a lot of people are welcoming the rain.

Sneezer said...

the church looks a bit ominous with the dark clouds behind it.

Vincent said...

@ Kees: Yeah, mixed emotions I guess. Nobody likes this much rain but everybody realises it's damn good for us.

@ Exp: That is because it's an evil place ;-)