Saturday, July 12, 2008

Karin at Madame Tussaud's

Soon after I woke up it already got pretty busy at our place. Simon dropped by to service Ash's car. The party was already full on when I finally arrived.

Simon is very aware of these days (Amsterdam) fashion and totally got the purple worked into his outfit.

After the party was over we drove to Bunnings. I needed a drill press vice. That's a vice (bankschroef in Dutch) to use specifically with a drill press (kolom-boormachine in Dutch). Unfortunately I forgot to photograph it. I need this to drill holes in the heat sink. I need the heat sink for my power supply. I need the power supply to test a little electrical fountain pump. I need the fountain pump for my little Zen garden I want to make.

If we are lucky all this will be created before we move out...

We also bought one plant each for our desks at work. Of course it also needs a pot.

When we came home and were quite tired and didn't know what to have for dinner, the phone rang. Karin asked if we could be interested in some cottage pie that she made fresh. I drove us down in record time and the pie was delicious. Thanks Karin! :-)

You'd think I photographed a wax statue at Madame Tussaud's here but it is really Karin! :-)

When we came home again I checked the mail and Craig, a friend of ours send us a postcard and a fridge magnet. THANK YOU CRAIG! :-) I actually really like this magnet. I like Obama coz he's the best choice for a new American president at the moment I think (I REALLY don't like republicans (and Australian and Dutch liberals) because they put economic interests way too far ahead of anything else).

It's added to our fine selection of fridge magnets. I like our fridge magnets. They remind me of places Nicole and I visited. Good times, Terry, good times.

No comments: