Friday, July 11, 2008

The poffertjes / Mr. Cola

When I got to work I had a quick look around the corner to see if there was a crowd lining up for the iPhone. There was indeed a small crowd. This was at 8:15. The shop was opening at 9:00 I believe.

For lunch Mark and I walked to a different little food court today. They had a Billy Baxters there. Mr. Cola was staring at me constantly.

And finally I found a B. Baxters that sells poffertjes. Not all of them sell these you see. This was the "before" photo right after it was served to me. When ordering poffertjes, you only need to know there are poffertjes, you shouldn't be able to see them.

So I politely asked for more icing sugar and emptied their supply over my poffertjes. Much better. They even put some butter underneath. I was happy then :-)

After work, Mark and I walked to P.J. O'Brien's where we were meeting Nicole. Rundle mall was mad busy.

After having dinner at P.J's we went to see an anime movie. This one was called "The girl who leapt through time". It was between OK and good. On a scale of 0-10 I think it scored a 7 with me.

On the way out we spotted this movie poster. It's about an Egyptian police band getting stranded in a little village in Israel. Should be good.

Outside of the cinema there were a few lit tiles in the street. I should've done a Michael Jackson pose while standing on one.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, lekker die poffertjes! Ik krijg er honger van. Smaakten ze een beetje hollands?

Gledwood said...

I've seen "traditional Australian food" on "I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here" on the telly:... don't tell me that cola "thang" was 2 pigs' testicles and a goat's willy!!!

Vincent said...

@ Ilse: De Nederlandse zijn veel beter. Ze maken deze van pannenkoeken mix denk ik. Poffertjes hebben een iets ander recept.

@ Gled: What kind of show is that? Aussies desperate to leave the country?

kees said...

whoa! poffertjes sugar bomb! did you use up their whole week's supply?

Vincent said...

@ Kees: I probably half ;-)

Anonymous said...

Hoi Vincent,

Ik heb de film The Band's visit gezien. Een tragikomedie. Een aardige film die een glimlach veroorzaakt. Alleen erg traag. Dat was ik niet meer zo gewend, maar het viel me wel op. Ik vind het nog steeds een aanrader.

Groetjes, Marco

Vincent said...

Heee, Marco :-)

Traag kan goed uitpakken. Heb je Bagdad cafe wel eens gezien? Ook erg traag maar heel mooi. Het hoeft niet altijd aktie aktie aktie te zijn vind ik.

Groeten!