Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Fruit and metal work

Early morning showed some promising weather. It was nice and sunny. Unfortunately, no clouds during winter means quite cold temperatures during the night.

When people in Adelaide go to work on a bicycle, they think they're actually in the Tour de France. If you like seeing lycra filled crack, this is the place to be!

A few weeks ago I told my manager about putting a fruit bowl in the office. He thought it was a good idea and today I was pleasantly surprised when I came in. I am very pleased. Easy reachable fruit. No need to go out and buy a Snickers bar anymore :-)

Of course it doesn't really help if someone puts left over cup cakes with 1 packet of sugar on each one next to it...

While in the bus on my way home I for some reason took this photo. There is something about it that I like a lot, even though it's an ugly part of the city.

Speaking of ugly, check out this building (not the car in front!).

I got off at Northpark shopping mall to do some groceries. I went to Coles instead of Woolies for a change.

When I came out it was still light. The days are getting longer again, thank god. The setting sun turned the clouds nice and pinkish.

This is the road I have to cross by foot. You can only do it when the cars get a red light. And even then you're not sure of your life...

As I walked home I passed this block of land. Someone took down the house that was on there, split the block in two and is now selling the two halves. The size of one half must be 8x20 metres at most. It's nothing! One half was already sold.

I noticed Mr. Clarke's shop. There's little doubt as to what he sells...

At home my crazy DIY personality took over.

It made me drill holes in an alumiNIUM heat sink that is required for my power supply.

While Nicole was filling in forms for our health insurance...

I was smoothening the edges of the holes and putting screw thread in some of them.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How nice is your boss to put a dozen of fruit with half a dozen of cupcakes.

kees said...

The fugly building looks like it could be church of some obscure religious sect. The minister's car parked in front, bought with the alms that were given for distribution amongst the poor of Adelaide. What would be a good name for such a sect? "The Church of the Terminal Rapture"

Who's got a better name?

Anonymous said...

MTS glasses ROCK!

Vincent said...

@ Hagi: Very nice :-)

@ Kees: Churches look better.

@ Mic: Do you still have yours?