Sunday, July 20, 2008

Powerrrrrrrrrrr supply V3

We went into town this morning. Nicole wanted to look at mobile phones. We went to Meyer first. It's like the Dutch store called "Bijenkorf".

In the parking garage underneath there was a lot of "bling".

On the way home we stopped at Office works where I bought some plastic sleeves for all the papers at my desk. It's all cleaned up now :-)

Just after 17:00 we went to the Lemon grass Thai restaurant for dinner. I needed Thai food. It's just the best. I think it's my favourite restaurant in Adelaide at the moment. It's the third building from the corner, not that you can actually see that with my camera (phone).

It's really close to P.J. O'Brien's which can be seen from the same spot.

On the way home we stopped to fill up the car. AU$ 1.59 per litre today.

The times that we were at home today I worked on my power supply. First some redesigning. I'm still going to use two voltages but different ranges. The "Low" range will be 0.75-7.4V and the "High" range will be 5.5-30V. Click on the picture for a much bigger picture that's actually readable if you're interested.

Then I had to change a few bits on the board I had made before.

And then I put the board in the case. After taking the photo I actually also soldered all wires to the front. So now I have to put the transistors on the heat sink, mount it, wire it and then test it. See if anything explodes or not. You never know hehe.

2 comments:

kees said...

Have Nicole stand-by when you plug-in the power into your neww powersupply. We need photos of the KABOOM in progress...

Vincent said...

@ Kees: I think she prefers not to be around when I do this *grin*