Saturday, July 19, 2008

The chuck key

This is a drill chuck (NL: boorkop). It's from the drill press (NL: Kolom boormachine) I found last weekend. I couldn't find a matching chuck key though so on our weekly FREAK trip to Bunnings I scored one.

A chuck key.

We also visited a pet store to look at more bird cages. They had fishies too.

We actually saw a big-ass aquarium ("aquarum" for Americans who prefer simpler spelling of already not too difficult words like aluminium) that we might get some day.

There was also a big leash-section for all your S&M needs. Some people also use it to walk the dog.

Next door was a shoe shop. Nicole was impressed!

We went for a bit of a drive to further enhance my skills. Today I was overtaken and cut-off twice by cars on my right deciding they needed to take the exit on the left after all. Several people had trouble indicating before turning. Also Speed limits and not overtaking on the left didn't have any apparent meaning today. Some one indicated with their horn that they wanted me to dive in to reasonably fast traffic with no suitable gaps when turning left at the lights. And a Indian party crew decided to overtake me whilst driving 40 in a small suburb street.
Adelaide traffic, it's... different.

We had lunch at Larg's bay where our seagull friends were waiting for us. We hadn't been in a while and it was nice to sit there. We even got some sun.

In the public toilets at the beach there are separate bins for syringes. I think that's a good thing.

In the evening we had dinner at Karin and Gav's. Gavin welcomed us with flowers.

He had actually hand picked them for Karin at his work. They were very pretty.

4 comments:

kees said...

Is there such a large junkie population at the beach that they need needle baskets?

Vincent said...

@ Kees: Not that I know of but there are always junkies. But it could also be for people needing to inject stuff for medical reasons.

Gledwood said...

is Nicole one of them shoe-orgasm-women...?

you look like a chuck key blair witch personnage in that shot....(!!)...

Nicole said...

GLED - I dislike shoes. I thought the ones I was holding were horrible. We were in this huge shoe shop and most of the shoes I saw were horrendous. The colours in the photos don't do the true horror justice. It was clown-like.