Monday, July 14, 2008

Red circles

This is the statue at the drop-off. Not the drop-off from Finding Nemo, but the one where Nicole drops me off on the way to work in the morning.

Quiz: Can you find out where (crossing of two streets, I want both names) this statue is?

When I start wearing my Mulligans bomber jacket you know it's cold. It was actually not as cold as last week but that will come back soon I believe.

Thanks to my friend Kees I now have a superduper graphics tool to draw red circles with. I used to load Windows and use paint for this but now I can do it on the Mac. Very happy.

4 comments:

munchie said...

If I'm not mistaken, that statue is on the corner of King William Street and North Terrace, in front of Government House (where the Governor lives... and doesn't do much else).

I believe it's the Boer War statue, dedicated to the first war that Australians ever took part in (albeit on a very small scale).

A quick Google search tells me that of the casualties suffered by us brave Australians, 251 died as a result of battle, and 267 died as a result of unrelated illness.

Nicole said...

I call it the "Horsey Statue".

Vincent said...

Damn. I forgot to mention that the quiz was for my Dutch friends... Oh well.

YES! That is CORRECT, Stephen from Adelaide, who lived here all his life ;-P

I like your avatar by the way :-)

kees said...

... 267 died as a result of unrelated illness.

Probably binge drinking :-)